Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lot Of Vampire Books!


Yes I admit I love vampire books. I just can't get enough of them as you may have noticed about the books I have blogged about thus far. And today's book, plus it's sequel which I will cover tomorrow, are no exceptions. Today's book is Real Vampires Have Curves by Gerry Bartlett. Here's what the back has to say:

What--did you think all vamps were pale, thin, and brooding? Don't I wish.

Me, I just happened to be bloating when a sexy Scotsman sank his teeth into me, so here I am. Glory St. Clair, eternally "full figured". On the plus side, I can rock a corset like nobody's business. Oh, and as for Angus Jeremiah Campbell III, a.k.a. Jeremy Blade? We've been on and off again for centuries, currently off. After a couple hundred years we sure know how to press each other's buttons - in good ways and bad.

The whole never-aging thing means that girl's gotta keep moving, and I'm headed for Austin and a new business venture: Vintage Vamp's Emporium. After all, I love cute clothes, and I am an antique. Only problem is, there's a billionaire technofreak vampire hunter on the loose. Blade's in total he-vampire mode and wants me to move in with him so he can "protect" me. But I'm sick of the not-so-little-woman thing. It's time for this vamp to explore her own powers.

Glory is awesome and funny. She's really every woman who just also happens to be a vamp. She's self conscious about her fuller body, has men trouble just like we all do, and just wants a little respect. We had this book for awhile but I hadn't read it yet. Even with all my reading while sick, I am still way behind and my to be read pile is still huge. But, I read Real Vampires Have Curves and it's sequel while I was sick and I LOVED them. I can't wait for the third installment which comes out this summer.

Glory is to me the ultimate heroine. Like I said, she's every woman just with the vampire thing thrown in. Let's face it, most of us are not a size zero through size 6 and never will be. Because of my own bone structure, I can't get below a size 12 and I am ok with that. But I love the fact that Gerry Bartlett made a realistic woman as the central story. And her main squeeze, Blade is uber sexy. I love Scotsmen with thick brogues. Hot! Hot! Hot!

No comments: