Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Friday, March 23, 2007

Memories Of My Youth


There were so many good and wonderful cartoons when I was a kid. Truly funny and well-drawn cartoons, not like the cartoon shows of today. All of today's cartoons seem to be out of Japan. They are mostly poorly drawn, lousy stories and toilet humor. Remember the old cartoons? Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry, Inspector Gadget, The Flintstones? These are just some of the many classic cartoons of my childhood. One of my favorite cartoons was a spin-off of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon, She-ra Princess of Power. I loved that cartoon.


And now they are releasing both the He-Man series and the She-Ra series on dvd. I have gotten a couple through Netflix and would eventually like to own my own copies. But it has been really nice to see one of my favorite shows from when I was a kid again. It brings back so many memories. And the stories are still wonderful and funny just as I remembered. They don't make cartoon shows like this anymore. I truly think tv animation and true cartoon storytelling are lost arts.

No comments: