Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Writing!


It's taken awhile. Almost five months to be exact, but today I wrote for the first time on my WIP. I am so thrilled to be back into writing. If I do a chapter a day I can have this baby done by the end of the week. Now I know what you're thinking...I had writer's block. Nope that wasn't it. I knew from the start where I wanted this story to go. No what happened is I got sick, big time sick. Actually I still am but am able to sit and write for longer periods than I could.

Let me explain. In December I started get sinus infections that just wouldn't clear up. One would go only to be followed quickly by another. Then, in early March my mom got sick with this flu bug. I got it the very next day. That triggered a whole mess of problems. It caused a very large kidney stone to shift. Mind you I had no idea until then I had stones. But the pain was excruciating. I went to the hospital and had to have emergency surgery.

This led to the discovery of a tumor on my parathyroid. The parathyroid is a gland that controls your levels of calcium and phosphorous in the body. The tumor is causing it to be overactive creating too much calcium and phosphorous which is creating stones. I can't get in to see an endocrinologist to deal with the problem until July so until then kidney stones are a problem. Luckily, the tumor is benign and the problems should go away once they remove the gland. In the meantime that means cutting out all dairy products and let me tell you, giving up chocolate is painful.

But, for the first time today I felt good enough to sit at my computer and write. I wanted to dance I was so happy. I have missed not being able to write. I love writing and being away from it for so long was torture. So Yeah!!!!

No comments: