Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Madness

I promised everyone I'd be starting some new stuff and I meant it. Welcome to Monday Madness. Every Monday I will dedicate the day to a book I've read that I loved. Just one book, be it a singular title or part of a series that stands out as an excellent read. Now here's the first book:



Dark Needs At Night's Edge: This is book 5 in Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series and is my absolute favorite. Books 1 thru 4 introduced us to the world of the Lore and the many species who inhabit it. The Valkyrie, Witches, Vampires, Lykae, Sirens, Furies and Elves just to name a few. But with book 5 we meet a whole new member.

Conrad Wroth is a vampire who's gone insane. Turned against his will by his older brothers, his rage was beyond measure. Throw into the mix that he'd been a vampire hunter before the switch and he's got real issues. Determined to save his sanity, his brothers, once again against Conrad's will, kidnap him and lock him up in a spooky old house. They chain him up with magicked chains so he can't break free.

The house is spooky for a damn good reason. It's haunted by the spirit a woman who'd been murdered. Neomi Laress has her own problems. No one can see her yet she's stuck in limbo. The house that she'd once loved and lovingly restored is now her prison. She has immense power in her home, but she physically cannot leave the property. To make matters worse, once every month she is forced to go to her ballroom and physically experience her murder all over again.

But Conrad, due to being nuts is able to see her, hear her, and communicate with her. His brothers think he's just manifesting delusions as part of his madness and discount his claims. But Neomi is real and help from a powerful witch will be needed to save her. The question is, will the witch's spell bring her back wrong? Or will she take a place among the Lore as one of the most powerful and rare beings in their world?

I LOVE this book. Conrad is a total hottie and Neomi is an awesome and strong woman despite being a ghost. In life she'd been a burlesque dancer turned ballerina killed by a spurned lover. That strength of spirit, to overcome her poor past and rise to high society translates to her fight to become more than just a ghost.

And Conrad's struggle to overcome years of madness and years of anger and betrayal by his brothers make him one super hot sexy nutso vampire. If anyone threatens Neomi or his connection to her he goes beserk to the point that he becomes stronger than even the Rage Demons or Lykae when they fully embrace their dark sides. Only Neomi can bring him back from the edge of total madness.

I love the Immortals After Dark series, but Dark Needs At Night's Edge is my total favorite hands down. This book is awesome and Kresley Cole tells a fantastic story. For a full list of Kresley's books, go to her website. Trust me, these books are worth getting. I got my first copy from the library and have since bought them all...in hardbound.:-)

5 comments:

Lin said...

Well Hell! Now I am going to have to read this. That's just SO not fair. You KNOW I have tons of books I have to read but you go and present me with this blog..say "Mom when you get a chance, check out my blog. I'm doing something new and I want your opinion." Well Hell...that's my opinion. Did you HAVE to make this such a good posting? Well HELL!

Mary Raimes Curtis said...

smaJkirniLove your new Blog, Kat. Kresley Cole is one of my favourites too. Trying to catch up with editing a new WIP, I missed this one. Thanks for the reminder. Now, how the heck do I fix my Kobo reader? It's on the blink. Oh, darn, there's one of those robot things again. I have a vision problem that makes this stuff look like spaghetti. Hope my gues works.
Mary Raimes Curtis

Unknown said...

LOL Mary I have no idea how to fix kobo. But I'm glad I showed you one you had missed. I love this series too so much.:-)

Dart Wooden's EmpowerNetwork Blog said...

How is that you always find time to write soemthing interesting?

Unknown said...

LOL Dark Woods I have no idea.:-)