Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lynsay Sands Does It Again!


I just finished A Bite To Remember by Lynsay Sands. It was hilarious. Lynsay's Argeneau series is awesome and A Bite To Remember is the latest installment of her funny vampire series. Lynsay's quirky sense of humor shines throughout the whole book. Here is what the back cover says:

Rule number 1: Never get involved with someone who won't be there for you when the sun comes up.

Once bitten, twice shy, and sexy PI Jackie Morrisey wasn't going there again. Vincent Argeneau may be the hottest guy she's ever met, living or dead, but she's here to stop a killer from turning this vampire into dust, not to jump into bed with him.

Rule number 2: Never kiss a vampire...it can be a pain in the neck.

Okay, so Vincent's had four hundred years to perfect his kissing skills, and he does look rather tempting when he runs around the house shirtless. He's also charming, protective... did we mention he can kiss? Jackie needs to be on her guard, or else she'll have to come up with a new rule:

If your going to fall in love with a vampire, make sure it's a bite to remember.

I could not put this book down. I stayed up all night reading it. Each book in the series is capable of being a stand alone, but if you'd like to read them in order of events happening, they go A Quick Bite, Love Bites, Single White Vampire, Tall Dark And Hungry, and A Bite To Remember.

For those of you who have read this series thus far, I have talked to Lynsay via email and yep, there will thankfully be more. Next in line is Marguerite's story. She's the 700 year old mother of the first four vamps and the aunt of Vincent. And if you have read the books, you know what a character she is. In fact, there is a hilarious surprise ending with Marguerite at the finish of A Bite To Remember.

I know I'm gushing, but this book was just so good and funny. In the beginning, you want to slap Jackie so hard. You think she's just nasty. But you quickly learn why she hates vamps and you just can't help but love her. Her partner, Tiny, is so funny. Really, I highly suggest reading this book. Go out and get a copy, or maybe two or three.:-) I bought 2 copies because I know I'll wear out the first really fast from re-reading it. It's that good.

2 comments:

LindaJ said...

As your Mom, Kathy, I am so glad that you inherited my love of reading...although you ARE faster at it than I am...(they didn't offer speed reading when I went to school)..still your love of reading makes me proud and your ability to articulate that love is so inspiring!

Unknown said...

Thanks Mom. But I was always a fast reader, even before the speed reading. And you got me started on books. I love you. And I can't wait for you to read A Bite To Remember. You are gonna love Marguerite's surprise ending. Oh and Spatz is trying to pull my keyboard off the table. Ahh kitties.