Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Fall Reading Round-Up

Today is officially the start of winter, even though it doesn't yet feel wintery around here. The weather has definately been mild. But, today is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and longest night of the year. It is the official herald of the winter season. So, it's time for the reading round-up. Now, once again, this is just a few of the books I have read over the past season. It would take too long to list them all.

Conspiracy Game: This book by Christine Feehan is EXCELLENT! It's the current book in her Ghostwalker series and I have read and re-read this book about 10 times so far since it came out at the end of October. I totally, TOTALLY love this book.

Wild Rain: This is also by Christine Feehan but is much older and is part of her leopard series. I hadn't read it until last week even though we had it awhile. It was so good. Feehan really knows how to blend romance, danger and paranormal all into a great story.

Divine By Choice: This P.C. Cast book is the sequel to Goddess By Mistake that was renamed Divine By Mistake. This sequel has been 5 years in the making. I LOVED it. This book is fantastic. Funny, heartbreaking and just downright awesome.

Sleeping With The Fishes: This book by MaryJanice Davidson is the first in her brand new series about a mermaid named Fred. This book is a laugh riot. It's so funny. If you have ever read her Betsy the Vamp queen books, you'll know what I mean about her great humor.

Eyes Of Crow: This is the very first book in a new series by Jeri Smith-Ready for Luna books. This book was so great I couldn't put it down. I can hardly wait for her next installment. Anyone who has been following Luna books this past year knows they have dropped a lot of series they had already established. Thankfully, this is not one of them.

Disappearing Nightly: This book by Laura Resnick was awesome. Published by Luna books last year, I just read it in anticipation of the next book in the series, Dopplegangsters. Tragically, this is one of the series that Luna dropped in it's restructering process which totally sucks. This series was so good. Dopplegangsters was supposed to be released this month, but it never will be by Luna. Laura Resnick is currently looking for another publisher to continue the series. I hope she succeeds.

Well, I think that's enough for now. Like I said, it's not everything I have read, but it is the absolute best. So, what is in your reading round-up?

No comments: