Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

I Don't Understand It!


I don't understand all the hoopla over the death of Michael Jackson. Ok, he was relatively young at age 50 and his death was sudden. But people are treating him like he was a god or something and his death was the equivalent of the death of Christ. Give me a break.


Ok, he was a very gifted musician. No one can take that away from him. Without a doubt, he was extremely talented. But, that does not make up for the fact that he was very perverted. Twice, he was charged with sexually molesting young boys. The first case, which probably would have put Jackson in prison, was settled out of court for millions because Michael did not want to risk a jury's verdict. The second case was marked with inconsistencies from the boy and his family so Michael was found not guilty.


But that doesn't mean he wasn't really guilty. Michael Jackson is a man who has said publicly that there is nothing wrong with sharing a bed with children. He said that it was loving and there was nothing wrong with that. Obviously, Jackson couldn't distinguish between healthy relations with children and sick relations. Michael has stated in the past that his father abused him and I do believe it. Too many of the Jackson children have acted out in crazy ways for it not to be believed. But, as is so often the case, it looks like the victim of abuse became the abuser.


I'm a victim of extreme abuse as well at the hands of my father. My father is currently in prison serving a sentence of 3 to 20 after having been caught in an internet sting trying to solicit sex with kids. His exact words that were used against him in court was that it was just good old fashioned family fun. It still turns my stomach. I have had nothing to do with my father since I was 9. I am 33 now and obviously my father hasn't changed. But just like Michael Jackson, my father doesn't believe there is anything wrong with having sex with children. I was only 5 years old the first time I was forced to do that kind of stuff with my father.


It is wrong. It is sick and it is disgusting. Having been a victim myself, it becomes easier to spot the kind of people who are abusers. Not always but it is easier. I suspected, even before the first headlines of his arrest for the first boy, that something was wrong. He surrounded himself too often with young boys. It just wasn't natural. And now people are acting like a hero has died.


All weekend long, the major networks have been running tributes to him and will continue to do so into this week. Bluewater Comics is planning to run a tribute comic book. And everyone is acting like they have been told that their best friend has died. Give me a break! Michael Jackson was a great musician. I totally give him credit for that. But he was also a very sick man who's erratic behavior has lead to trouble even before the stories of sexual molestation arose. Michael Jackson is no hero and it is time to stop treating him that way.

No comments: