Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Virtual Tour: Obsessed

Please help me welcome Obsessed to my blog today. Without further ado here it is and its very talented author, Lisa Sanchez!

First off, I’d like to thank Kat for having me on her blog. I’m tickled to be here!




I have to admit, I let out a squeal of excitement when she asked me to blog about my plans for the upcoming spring and summer months. I’m very much a warm weather person, and have been waiting very impatiently I might add, for the cooler weather and rain to vacate.



When my girls are out of school (I have three daughters) I don’t get a ton of writing done. This holds especially true for the summer. That being said, the lazy summer days spent by the pool, those crazy days spent at Pinecrest Lake with friends and family provide the right amount of relaxation and general bliss that fire my creative muse. I generally get a ton of story ideas during the summer months, and struggle to get them all on paper so I won’t forget them.



There’s never a dull moment in the Sanchez family, nor is there a dull moment when we’re hangin’ with our friends. One of my girls or their friends will inevitably start some type of war with the adults resulting in vicious and might I add, hilarious consequences. We’ve endured all out whipped topping wars, cupcakes to the face, Nerf Gun wars where ammo has been stuffed down the mom’s shirts to avoid reuse (this particular situation ended up in Obsessed!) And, of course, someone always gets thrown into our pool or whatever lake we are at, fully clothed. There’s nothing like a full body soak and some subsequent chafing to highlight your summer days. These special moments fuel my creativity, and I find I’m doubly blessed to be able to tweak and use them in my writing, as well as hold onto the precious memories.



As far as specific plans for Summer 2011…well, the hubby has already purchased a large, circular flotation device from our local Costco, complete with a small ladder (the thing is huge) and cup holders for his beer. I’m already envisioning my hubby, or one of our friends (myself not included because…well, ahem, I’m nimble and super-coordinated) falling ass-over-tea-kettle into the water because he or she can’t manage to climb in. Good times! We’re planning several trips to our favorite Alpine destination, Pinecrest Lake, a few day trips to the beach, and maybe, if we’re lucky, a small trip to Lake Tahoe. I can’t wait to find out what will end up in my next book!



Blurb:
 
The victim of both a brutal attempted rape and now a serial stalking, Halley Davis is broken, and desperate to glue the shattered pieces of her life back together. Tormented by a psychopath and battling a heavy dose of anxiety, sex and dating are the last things on Halley’s anxiety-ridden mind. That is, until she meets the man who rescued her from the hands of a would-be rapist. With a body made for sin, a wicked, sexy tattoo and an aura that screams “badass,” her rescuer not only calms the storm of terror raging inside her mind, he ignites a passion within her she’s never known before.




Tired of using meaningless sex to drown out the horrors of his past, Nick Ackart has sworn off women. In fact, if women were classified as meat, his ass is Vegan. Despite his determination to remain unattached, Nick is unable to stay away from the emerald-eyed beauty he rescued from a sadistic pervert. Immersed in a tangled web of sexual desire and deep emotion he was certain was long dead, he vows to protect Halley from the monster hounding her, even though he stands to lose his heart in the process.

Excerpt:
 
Kaiti let out a frustrated sigh and yanked her cell out of her bag. “This crap isn’t gonna fly. I need to call the city and find out why our water isn’t turned on. I’ll be right back.” She stormed out the back entrance of the future bakery, her black heels clacking against the floor, her cell phone plastered to her ear.


Alone, Halley inhaled a slow, steady breath. She stood in the center of the large empty space, just breathing in the possibilities. Closing her eyes, she let her imagination run wild. She may have been standing amidst the dusty remnants of what was once a clothing boutique, but her mind pictured a bustling café. A top-notch pâtisserie, pushing out the finest cassata, pasticciotti, and cannoli money could buy. Located on Columbus, in the heart of San Francisco’s North Beach, Zeppoli’s Bakery would be the place to go to get your sugar on. In just a handful of weeks, the dream she’d been holding on to for so long would finally become a reality. And oh yeah, baby, she was giddy with excitement.

The corners of her lips pulled up into a smile as she pictured a large refrigerated display case full of pastries, cakes, and desserts. The image of a shiny new commercial-grade convection oven filled with biscotti sent her mouth watering and her mind racing with possibilities. Most women got excited about new shoes, expensive designer purses. Not her. Throw a commercial-grade mixer in front of her, and she’d salivate all over the thing. The name KitchenAid was an aphrodisiac.

“Daydreaming, are we?”

Halley jumped, her high-pitched yelp bouncing off the dust-covered walls. She wheeled around, her hands automatically reaching for her injured neck and chest as she backed away from -- Mr. Blue Eyes?

LINKS:
 
author website- http://www.lisasanchezromanceauthor.com/


blog- http://www.calicheermom.com/

Twitter- http://twitter.com/#!/LisaSanchez3

Goodreads- http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4028407.Lisa_Sanchez

1 comment:

Lin said...

OBSESSED sounds fantastic, Lisa and KAt. Of course I am partial to blue eyes, so you've really got me hooked.

I love your idea of play, Lisa. When my children were young we didn't have Nerf guns. We only had Nerf balls, and I loved them, but they sound like a lot of fun.

I cannot imagine the challenges of having three daughters home for the summer AND trying to write down the notes for your fall and winter stories. My hat's off to you.

Good luck Lisa, and Kat, you did a great job presenting this blog. Actually I'm more than a little impressed. I know how much trouble everyone has been having with Blogger. That you got this up and didn't lose it...did you lose it?

If the same thing happened to you, that happened to me last Friday, you lost your comments too, didn't you? I know I lost all of mine and I had twenty three right before Blogger sucked them all away.

Blogger returned my post, finally, like a day and a half later, but had completely eaten all the comments. Whose going to return to leave a comment a second time?

OMG. I just realized THAT would explain how I've come to be your first commenter!

Oh Lisa, how awful your post went up on THAT day, Friday the 13th when the Blogger Monster stepped in and ate everything not nailed down in Bloggerland.

Still, it's a great posting, and knowing your past blog traffic I bet that's what happened, and a lot of people were here.