Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Early Crystal!


Okay everyone who has read the books by Charlaine Harris that is the basis of the HBO show True Blood knows that we don't meet Crystal until book 4. For those of you who haven't read the books, Crystal is the selfish were-panther that Jason, Sookie's brother gets involved with. It's kind of ironic that he ends up marrying a woman just like himself.:-)


Anyway, each season of the show True Blood is based on a book. Season one covered book one and season 2 covered book 2. Season 3, based on book 3 called Club Dead will be starting in June. Again, in the books we don't meet Crystal until book 4. But Alan Ball is introducing her character in season 3. I have no idea if she's the new love interest for Jason in season 3 that Alan has mentioned or if she'll start off with someone else. Won't know that until we get to meet her in the show.


But, for those of you wondering who will play Crystal, Alan Ball has cast Lindsay Pulsipher. The picture I have put up is of her. So now we meet Crystal. Early admittedly, but at least we know who's gonna play her. By the way I have to give credit to my Goodreads buddy Leah for the heads-up on this.

6 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

I haven't seen the series or read the books. I don't have HBO. But the books do sound interesting. And basing each season on one of the books is unique.

Unknown said...

They are both fantastic. I love the books and though the series has many differences, I love it too. But, though things get changed around Alan Ball does stay true to the basic heart of the books. And Alexander Skarsgard as Eric is to die for.:-)

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

My husband and I watch True Blood faithfully. I've read all of the Stackhouse books (up until the last one) and enjoyed them very much. ;-)

Unknown said...

I'm getting cable just so I can watch it on tv this year.:-)

N.J.Walters said...

I haven't seen the series as we don't have HBO. But hubby gave me season one for Christmas. We're saving it for summer for when all our regular shows are on hiatus. I'm looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

It's a wonderful series. I love it even with the differences from the books. Have you read the books?