Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Monday, September 25, 2006

Reading Round-up!

Summer is officially over. The Autumnal Equinox has come proclaiming the official start of the fall season. So, I have decided to start a new section of my blog. The end of season reading round-up. At the end of each season, I will tell you about the best books I have read over that season. No way could I tell you every book I have read, it would take way too long. So I'll tell you about my favorites. And let me know what your favorite seasonal reads have been. So let's start the End Of Summer reading round-up!

These books are my favorites that I have read this summer but are listed in no particular order.

Divine By Mistake: This book is by P.C. Cast and was originally called Goddess By Mistake. When Luna bought the rights to it they changed the name because Cast has a deal with the publisher of her Goddess Summoning series that only they can use the word Goddess in the title. Since it has been 5 years since the original publishing, P.C. updated this book a little bit and I honestly think the changes work great. They really help to flesh out this already amazing story even better. I definately give this book a 10!

Sorceress Of Faith: This book is by Robin D. Owens and like Divine By Mistake is published by Luna books. Sorceress is the sequel to Guardian of Honor and is phenomenal. My favorite character is Tuck the talking hamster. He's hilarious. While I almost always like sequels, it is rare that I ever think a sequel is better than the first. But in this case, Sorceress is even better than the original and the original was great.

Dark Celebration: This is a Carpathian reunion novel by Christine Feehan. I LOVED it! I am a huge Carpathian fan. Some reviewers have said that because the book deals with so many characters it loses its edgy feel. I highly disagree. I think it not only maintains its edge, but manages to involve so many characters without losing the substance of the story. I love this book.

Dangerous Tides: This book is also by Christine Feehan. It's the current novel in her Seven Sisters series and it totally rocks. Libby's story is great. Libby is the good girl of the family but longs to be seen in a different light. Unfortunately for her, a killer on her tail will make that happen in spades. This book is filled with great tension but also a lot of humor. I really enjoyed it.

A Bite To Remember: This book by Lynsay Sands is the continuation of her vampire series and is awesome. This book was so funny. I loved every minute of it. And, if you have read the others in the series you will have met Marguerite. There is a jaw-dropping surprise involving her at the end of the book. And I do mean jaw-dropping.

Well, those are my absolute favorites that I have read this summer. I have read many more books this summer, but as I said, it would take way too long to list them. So what books have you read? What books did you like the most? Let me know what's in your reading round-up.

No comments: