Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Review Long In Coming!


I read Eyes Of Crow by Jeri Smith-Ready a long while ago. I actually read it before it was officially released because I had won an arc of the book from the author. I totally loved it but I had never written a review for it. I just re-read the book to prepare for it's sequel, Voice Of Crow and it's even better than I remembered it to be. So I am now correcting my oversight.


In the world Rhia inhabits, all people are bestowed with a gift from their totem animal. Powers of insight, strength, cunning and artistry just to name a few. But the rare few are given a most powerful and terrifying gift. Those who bear the crow as their totem animal can foresee the approach of death. Rhia is one of the chosen few. But her terrible gift asks for an even greater price than just knowing when someone will die. Her gift demands she die again and again only to be reborn.


I truly loved this book. I felt so much for poor Rhia. Knowing that someone is going to die is a hard enough burden, but add to it when you know someone you love is going to die and her burden becomes even more so. It's not a gift I'd want. Yet, in spite of really being a harbinger of death, Rhia is full of life and love as well. This book was totally amazing and is one I will re-read many times. If you haven't read it, you should. It's fantastic. Jeri Smith-Ready paints a beautifully real world and characters you truly care about. Eyes Of Crow totally rocked. I am eagerly waiting for Voice Of Crow. I'll blog about that one much quicker I promise.

No comments: