Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Spooky Spooky Month!


It's October and you know what that means, All Hallow's Eve, more commonly called Halloween. It's the night when the living can commune with the dead. It's also the month when witches, vampires, ghosts and goblins abound. It's the perfect month for reading some really good paranormal books! So in honor of Halloween, I thought I'd mention some of my favorite books that have the Halloween feel to it.




First off, Christine Feehan's entire Carpathian series. This series is totally about pre-vamps and those who have become full vamps. And of course, Halloween is the perfect time for vampires.:-)




Witchling and Changeling by Yasmine Galenorn. These two books rock. It's about a trio of sisters who are half human and half Fae. One sister is a witch, one is a werecat, and one is a vampire. The one about the vampire doesn't come out till January though but the first two are awesome. The stories are full of vamps, dragons, were creatures, witches and more.




Eyes Of Crow by Jeri Smith-Ready is highly appropriate for this time of the year. The heroine has the ability to foresee the approach of death thanks to her totem animal of crow. I have the sequel, Voice Of Crow and will read it tomorrow. I will blog about it either tomorrow night or Saturday.




The Three Sisters trilogy by Nora Roberts is all about a trio of witches who have to fight off an encroaching evil. I love this series and re-read it often. It's one of Nora's best trilogies in my opinion.




Disappearing Nightly by Laura Resnick is a gem. It's urban fantasy about a broadway actress who can't seem to get her big break, that is until the lead in her play disappears while on stage...literally. Now she has the part, but it's not as good as she hoped because a whole string of performers seem to disappearing as well. And to top things off, a demon's on the loose.
Kerrelyn Sparks' entire vamp series so far is fantastic. It's funny and I love them all. I am eagerly awaiting the fourth installment which comes out in January. The first three are How To Marry A Millionaire Vampire, Vamps And The City, and Be Still My Vampire Heart.




I think that's a good list of Halloween spirited books. They're are of course hundreds more, but these are my favorites.:-)

No comments: