Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Coming Next Year!


I think I've mentioned before that I am a Marvel Comics fan. My favorites are X-Men and Fantastic Four. I loved the movies about both. X-Men is my first love though. It was my introduction to the Marvel Universe. I got hooked back in the 90's when the cartoon X-Men was being aired on Fox Kids and fell in love with it. I was so bummed when it went off the air.


When X-Men Evolution came on, I watched it religiously for the four seasons it aired. Now, I am thrilled to announce that a new X-Men cartoon is in the works and will begin airing in 2009 on the Nick Kids network. It's called Wolverine and the X-Men. The premise is Professor Xavier, the founder of the mutant superhero team, the X-Men, has been killed. In despair, the X-Men disband.


But, the team members are shown a vision of the future, where the earth, and mutants especially are under the tight and cruel control of large robots called Sentinels. This future comes to pass because the X-Men gave up. So, under the new leadership of Wolverine, the X-Men must reform and prevent this from happening, all while battling Magneto and his evil mutants, and humans who hate mutants. I can't wait. I love the X-Men. I'm putting up a press picture of the upcoming show.


If there will be no changes to the cast of characters, it looks like this group of X-Men will have the following members: Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, Nightcrawler, Storm, Shadowcat, and Emma Frost. At least, that looks like who is included thus far. Some people might be upset that Rogue isn't here, but who knows, she may be included in the show, just not the poster. Others might notice the absence of Jean Grey. But, if she isn't included in the cast, then this version of the cartoon reflects where the actual comics stand now.


If you read the comics, you know that at this point in time, Jean is dead. She may well be back because the Jean Grey character has died and been reborn many times. But currently, her status is deceased. And, the character of Emma Frost handles the telepathic angle as well as that is her mutant ability too. I am truly excited about Emma's inclusion because this is the first time she'll be included in the cartoons as a hero, even though she has been a member of the X-Men for awhile now. If any of you remember the original X-Men cartoon from the early 90's, you'll remember they did include Emma back when she was a villian and member of the Hellfire Club.


As I said, Wolverine and the X-Men will not start airing till 2009, but I am so excited. Nick Kids will also in 2009 begin airing a new version of the early 90's Marvel cartoon, Iron Man. 2009 is gonna be a great year for comics fans on television.

No comments: