Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Friday, July 17, 2009

Book Of The Week!


I truly love books. Reading is my all time favorite hobby. So, I am starting a new feature here on my blog called Book of the Week. Every Friday, I will feature a book I have read and totally loved. I am starting this segment with the book that got me hooked on Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series. Up first is Dark Needs At Night's Edge.


Now, I had been visiting Gena Showalter's blog for a couple years and she was always gushing about Kresley Cole and how good her books are. But, I never broke down and read them. Then, Dark Needs At Night's Edge came out and once again Gena was gushing. I finally said what the heck and got it from my library to try. I LOVED it. I totally worship this book. It's book five in the series even though the first story about Myst and Nikolai is a short story included in an anthology. I immediately had to get all the previous books and read them. I have since purchased every single book except for book 2 which I will be buying on the 1st of August.


Dark Needs At Night's Edge is a fantastic story and such an original concept even for the parameters of this series. Conrad Wroth is a fallen vampire claimed by madness. Unlike the Forbearers who abstain from drinking directly from people, Conrad not only has but he has also killed while doing it. He is considered by many to be irredeemable, but his three brothers who are generals' in the army of the Forbearers believe he can be saved. Risking being imprisoned for defying their leader, they kidnap Conrad and lock him up in a spooky old house to try and cure him of his blood lust.


Neomi is a ghost. A former burlesque dancer turned ballerina, Neomi was brutally murdered by her jilted fiance and is now trapped within the walls of what was once her beloved manor. Unable to be seen, she questions her own existence until the day a madman vampire is imprisoned by three other vampires in her home. He alone can hear and see her. But the question is can their forbidden love save Conrad's sanity and give Neomi new life before her spirit anchor is destroyed, thus destroying her?


Dark Needs At Night's Edge is my absolute favorite of this series. It was the first of the Immortals After Dark series I read and it holds quite a special place in my heart. Therefore, Dark Needs At Night's Edge by Kresley Cole is my very first Book of the Week! See you all next Friday for the next installment.

No comments: