Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Relaxation!


We all need things to do to unwind or to cheer ourselves up after a particulary difficult day. Everyone has different ways of coping with stress or just relaxing after a hard day's work. I used to take long hot bubble baths. That was before I started getting grand mal seizures on a regular basis. Seizures and baths don't mix. I have no desire to drown in my bathtub. But, I have other ways of unwinding.


I love to read. A good book can take you away from reality for awhile and spirit you off to new places. Some of my favorite authors are NJ Walters, Lynsay Sands, Christine Feehan, Charlaine Harris, Alyssa Day and Kresley Cole, just to name a few. In fact, I am currently rereading Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series. And sometime this week, the next Alyssa Day novel, Atlantis Unmasked should arrive. I can't wait. Christine Feehan's current release Hidden Currents just arrived today and I am looking forward to it even though it's the final chapter in her Drake Sisters series. And NJ Walters has a new ebook release out today from Ellora's Cave called Amethyst Dreams that I am so eager to read.


I also play video games on my computer and my Playstation 2. I love mystery solving games and hidden object games the most. I also love diner and bar type games where you have to serve wacky customers as fast as you can. Those games are both challenging and extremely funny. I also like watching tv shows on DVD. I love True Blood as you know, but I'm a big fan of shows like Hogan's Heroes, F Troop, NCIS, CSI NY, Gilligan's Island and Burn Notice. I also like a lot of the shows that come out of England such as The Vicar Of Dibley, Midsomer Murders, Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot, and Inspector Lewis. Lot of really neat shows from England.


I like movies too, everything from kids movies to the adult action stuff. I'm a big fan of both Garfield films, I love all the Shrek's, both Ice Age movies and am looking forward to the third, all 3 Lord of the Rings, all the X-Men films, anything with Robin Williams, Iron Man, the secon Hulk film which totally outshined the first, Dante's Peak, Poseidon Adventure and other such movies. I love classic movies like Harvey, Arsenic and Old Lace, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, I'd Rather Be Rich, Tootsie, Some Like It Hot and A Night To Be Remembered. About the only type of movies and books I don't like and will neither watch nor read are horrors. There is enough horror in the real world that I don't find fake horror entertaining.


I've also recently discovered a great docudrama called Paranormal State about a group of paranormal investigators who attend Penn State. It's awesome and season three just finished. I can't wait for September when season 3 comes out on DVD. I don't watch much in the way of actual tv programming anymore because to be frank, I HATE so called reality tv. It's all a bunch of horse pucky as far as I am concerned. But I do watch Rachael Ray every morning. I love that show and she has gotten me hooked on cooking which I never used to enjoy. And I watch the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson every night. He's hilarious. I used to watch The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, but since they brought in Conan O'Brien I have stopped watching. He can't compare to Jay. Sorry but he just doesn't measure up.


So that's what I do to relax, besides hug my kitties.:-) I can't forget the cat hugs. That's my most favorite thing to do. And right now, my youngest cat, Spatz, is currently trying to get into the catnip canister. I swear she's a little druggie. I love the little imp. So what do you guys do to unwind?

No comments: