Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Charity Fatigue: Oh My!


What can I say? We all have it. One disaster after another. The tsunami, hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma, the earthquake in Pakistan and India. One way or another this year has been a very busy and nasty year weather-wise. Most of us have given so much that we are either fatigued or just plain broke. And of course with the holidays coming once again the trumpets are sounding to give generously.

If you are like me, you're broke. My mom's birthday as well as Christmas are this coming month. The most I'm gonna be able to do for her birthday is get her a card. And Christmas? Well one gift is my financial limit. I know it is for her too.

However, there is a great way to help out and it won't cost you any money. I was watching MSNBC last night and they talked about this great site. It's a search engine, you know like Yahoo or Google. It's called Goodsearch. In fact Goodsearch is powered by Yahoo. You go to Goodsearch and you choose any charity you want. Then everytime you search the net using the Goodsearch search engine, they donate money to that charity.

I love this search engine. I chose the Philadelphia Skate Club and Humane Society of Ardmore, Pennsylvania. I know it sounds like two charities but it's only one. And of course, as you know from my blog I am a huge animal lover so the charity I chose was definately a no-brainer.:-)

So if you are broke like me or just plain tired from all the disasters of this year, this is a good way to help out and all you have to do is your normal online stuff. If you'd like to use the search engine go to www.goodsearch.com and pick the charity you'd like to support. You can help without having to open the purse strings yet again.

No comments: