Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

NO REST FOR THE WICKED!

A little while back I responded to a blog post on NJ Walter's blog about how an author is never totally satisfied with the final product and is always tweaking their stories. I mentioned how I'd written a story a long time ago but had never tried to publish it. NJ encouraged me to try and I finally did a few weeks ago. I sent my story off and am waiting to hear about it.

But, it was as if finally actually trying to publish my book had opened the floodgates and I haven't been able to stop writing since. An idea for a series of novellas came to me and I have been writing non-stop since then. I'm halfway through book three in this new series. I've sent off book one and I'll let you know if it's a go.

However, after I finished this third novella, I figured I'd take some time off. Not long, just figured I'd take a week to read, watch movies and stuff like that. Since I began this series, I have only taken one day off. But you know what they say about the best laid plans right?

All last night, a new idea for a full length story was haunting me. The whole thing just played in my mind like a movie and I know that I'm going to have to write it as soon as I finish my current story. I have no choice. It's the whole reason I wrote my very first story, the one NJ encouraged me to try to get published in the first place. The story wouldn't leave me alone until I'd written it.

The same goes for these novellas I have been writing. Once the idea came to me, I had no choice but to sit at my computer and write them. The idea for the fourth book is also already in my head, but this novel that came to me last night is demanding I tell it first. I can see I'm going to be very busy for the remainder of this year. There is no rest for the wicked.:-)

No comments: