Kat's Blog

Kat's Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Bash - Day 19!


Today I have the talented Biana Kingsley stopping by and joining the party. And I believe she brought food...oh wait. My cats ate it. Sorry.:-) But without further ado, here is Biana Kingsley.



1: When did you first begin writing?

I began back in the olden days when traditional romances with fairly tame love scenes ruled the bookstore shelves. I definitely like the hotter trend nowadays, but the romance has to rule. I mean, isn’t that what we all really want most? True love? Sex is always great, but true love makes sex unforgettable.

So, since I feel that way, you know what you’re getting when you read my book Country Heat 1: Wolf in the Shadows, with RedRosePublishing.com. It’s listed as erotic romance, but it is true love romance, peppered with sexual tension and good sex. The best of both worlds.


2: Where do you get your inspiration for writing from?

I’m a pantser, I think. That means flying by the seat of my pants, right? I’m so full of stories I couldn’t possibly write them all out before I die. They just come. They’re in a giant storage bin somewhere in my soul, I guess, and when I write The End on one story, another slides into the Ready, Set, Go slot. I get swept away by each story. I get to live it. It’s just so good!


3: Do you have any rituals that help you get in the mood to sit down and write?

No rituals for me. What I do need is privacy, which normal family life often doesn’t allow for. So maybe, a ritual would be that I make sure everyone in the house is busy, then lock myself in my room. Lol.


5: Who are some of your favorite authors to read when you are not writing?

Honestly, and I know I’m terrible to admit this, I don’t read fiction anymore unless it’s a requested review. And even then, I struggle to finish. I’m so used to combing through my own books over and over, making sure the story flows, and everything is perfect, that when I pick up a fiction novel, I start picking at its imperfections like an editor. It really just ruins the fun. And I don’t know how to stop doing it. So I pretty much go for research and nonfiction.

6: Are you currently reading anything right now?

The Gnostic Gospels.


7: How do you deal with writer’s block?

The only times I’ve sat in front of the screen and wasn’t able to put out was because my brain was drained from marathon writing, or I’m tired. My cure is rest and sleep.


8: What do you like to do for fun when you’re not writing?

I raise chickens. Landscape. Grow berries. Walk my dog. Cookouts with the kids. Movies. Sitting outside at night and listening to life.


9: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

With the worldwide general dislike of Americans these days, I’ve no real interest to venture out of the U.S. right now. I would, however, jump a flight on a spaceship out of here in a minute to see other worlds and other races.

If the world condition were better, I would like to see Egypt. And Alaska. And the Yukon Territory. I must’ve lived in there in other lives. Why else would I have been born with an ache in my heart for these places? I’m open to other ideas, but I can’t think of any that can explain why a child isolated in a small town starts life obsessed with three certain locations on the planet.

I realize Alaska is part of the U.S. so perhaps I could plan a trip there one day. I would like to go up near the North Pole where they often find Woolly Mammoth bones and tusks pushing out of the ground. Imagine finding something like that?


10: What advice do you have for new authors?

Gads, run, run away as fast as you can. Lol.


11: Is there anything you’d like people to know about you?

I’m always happier when people know as little as possible about me. However, I was told the second installment of my sensual romance Country Heat 2: Broken Vows will be released at RedRosePublishing sometime in August - so I want people to know about that.

Broken Vows was brought out of mothballs last summer for editing, but it ended up being shelved. But now it’s in a new editor’s hands and I’m hoping it will make its August release! Keeping my fingers crossed.


12: Tell us a bit about your book. What’s it about?

Country Heat is a multi-book series about bold and independent, single mom Aubrey Woodhaus, and her luscious, younger hero, single dad Jensen Keets. True love and hot romance in a small town just like you might live in.

Readers can find out more about Aubrey and Jensen’s romance in the first book, Wolf in the Shadows, at my website: http://www.bianakingsley.com/ There is link on the homepage, take Excerpt Tour!

Soon I’ll be posting excerpts for Book 2: Broken Vows on my website, too, once it’s edited for release.
Here is the unofficial blurb:

Country Heat 1: Wolf in the Shadows

After a long, hard life, Aubrey Woodhaus has everything she’s dreamed of. Her growing business requires her first employee. She just met and married the perfect man. She’s even pregnant, at forty seven. And now, she’s been contracted to write a book.

Jensen is happy for Aubrey, but not about her editor. Reese Gwen is older, more sophisticated, and has admitted outright he intends to have Aubrey. Pictures begin arriving in envelopes without a return address. Photos of Aubrey, and her editor in increasingly intimate situations. Only when Jensen is finally forced to confront Aubrey with the evidence of her cheating does he realize he’s plunged headfirst into Gwen’s trap. His reward is his marriage is crumbling.
Can he keep Aubrey from divorcing him, or will her editor’s evil plan win out and take from him the only woman he’ll ever truly love?


Thank you so much for being here. I had a lot of fun and really loved talking with you.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Excellent interview Ladies, and sorry to learn abotu your Mom. You both take care, and thank you for coming here and sharing your writing journey with us.